Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oregon Mayors Association

I just got back from the Oregon Senate Library in Salem where--thanks to Mayor White of Depoe Bay--I met about 30 or so Oregon Mayors at the Oregon Mayors Association.  It was like speed dating times a jillion.  It was pretty sweet:  Mayor White walked into the room and asked for everyone's attention, and he got it immediately.  He introduced me to the room and said I was from Newport, which is an easy mistake to make considering I have a beard and I like to fish.  But then someone in the back of the room said, "You mean Woodburn!"  It was Mayor Bain of Newport, who miraculously not only remembered who I was, but where I was from as well.  That moment was pretty special.  In a way, it was like the time I accidentally backed over Paula Abdul in my old '89 Subaru Justy in front of the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles:  Someone of influence knows me now, only this time the police aren't involved.  And Paula Abdul sure as hell never gave me a city pin, so Mayor Bain's one up on her.
Anyway, I'm having a total Oregonasm over the whole trip to Salem so I'll elaborate in future posts.  But seriously, who knew that Mayor Lori Hollingsworth of Lincoln City was such a hottie?

No comments:

Post a Comment