Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dundee


Dundee Mayor Don Sundeen autographed our map recently at the OMA. Dundee may or may not be seeing some major changes in the next couple of years as the option to build a bypass around the city is debated. A lot of Portlanders might view Dundee as a 35 minute delay between them and the Oregon Coast, and I'm sure a lot of Dundee folks view Portland as the cause of a big headache. I'm sure it's not as simple as that, but personally I'm against any bypass. Where would they put it?
I used to just drive through Dundee as quickly as humanly possible, but about ten years ago I made a point to stop in just about every town I go through. It makes driving to Lincoln City take four hours, but it's been pretty worth it. How else would baby Henry ever get to taste coq au vin at the Dundee Bistro? Or get scared by the unfortunately placed shooting range next to Crabtree Park? Or contemplate what happened to between Knudsen and Erath? That's what babies think about, right?
22 down, 220 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment